The Predator 13500 in general, is ideal for anyone one looking for a generator that can provide continuous power for a business or a building. Even at 375 pounds, it still runs like a dream. It’s a must-have in case of power outages. It provides continuous power that’s enough to run your electric appliances and tools: 11000 watts to be specific. At a pocket-friendly price, you get all the features listed below.
Nowadays, we cannot do without continuous power supply. We need enough energy to ensure our electrical devices serve their purpose even during power outages. But wall electricity is not 100% dependable given that sometimes it can’t withstand adverse weather. This is why you need a generator. It’s the best alternative power source in case of electrical failure.
When it comes to generators, the predator brand stands out due to its reputation in building long lasting products. You can get a predator generator that suits your needs at an affordable price, and there’s a lot to choose from.
Best Features of Predator 13500 Peak Generator
- Features an air cooled 22 HP OHV gas Engine. That’s about 670cc
- Overload protection – The manufacturers don’t leave the customer’s safety to chance. It shuts down in case of a power surge to prevent fires or getting damaged.
- Its low oil shutdown feature also makes it one of the safest generators out there. When the level of oil in the tank is not enough to run it, it automatically goes off to prevent the motor from burning.
- It delivers a massive 11000 watts of continuous power that’s enough to keep your appliances working even during power outages.
- Its air-cooled engine gives it a total running time of 7.5hours under a 50% load capacity without overheating.
- The engine is enclosed in a sturdy, high impact housing to prevent it from damage by environmental elements
- Air cooled 22 Horsepower OHV gas engine.
- High impact housing that shields the engine
- Electronic overload protection
- 78dB sound rating
- Weight: 375lb
- Peak: 13500 max performance
- EPA certified
- Best stand by generator for both homes and businesses
- Has a lifting hook
- Has a high impact protective cover that shields the engine from weather elements, increasing durability.
- Has many outlets to connect your charging equipment.
- Comes with a wheel kit for easy transportation, making it conveniently portable for indoor and outdoor use.
- Air-cooled engine prevents overheating
- It works quietly compared to other generators of its caliber
- Loud noise performance. The more powerful a generator is the more noise it’s expected to produce.
- A bit expensive if you’re on a budget
- Heavy and bulky: Can only be lifted using the hook or the wheel kit.
What to Consider When Choosing Predator 13500 Peak Generator
There are many generators that bear the Predator brand name. Once you start looking for one, you need to consider several factors so as to pick one that suits your needs better. If you opt for a generator with more power you have to be prepared to pay more too. But whether you’re on a budget or not, here are a few things you should have in mind before cashing in on that generator.
Your Power Needs
Predator generators are classified per the power they offer. You need to choose one that fits your energy capacity needs. Maybe you’re looking for a device that will provide power for your entire house during a power outage. That said, you’ll need a generator that can power all your household appliances or the ones you can’t do without.
If you want a generator that you can rely on, just approximate your total power requirement, from the devices you own and then get a generator that matches that.
Remember you’ll have to bear the noise produced by the generator while it’s running. Ensure you get one that won’t distract your neighbors or attract complaints from family members. Every generator has a decibel level on the manufacturer’s label in the casing. An ideal generator lies between 50-75 decibels; that’s very convenient. Fortunately, you’ll also find that most generators have inbuilt noise reduction mechanisms for convenient operation.
Maintenance and Services
The various components that make up a generator’s engine require regular maintenance and cleaning. If you’re not well versed in fixing technical issues, consider choosing a generator that is easy to maintain. You could also check whether there is a local service provider that’ll keep your generator in good shape. If you need to, ask your dealer for a demonstration on the maintenance process of your machine before you buy it.
You can either go for diesel, propane or natural gas. Those are the most common fuel types and each has its own benefits and drawbacks. Choose a generator with a fuel that you can afford, that is readily available in your area.
This is one of the most important features to consider. Ensure your generator adjusts according to the load. A good generator should not just burn fuel. Generators with the best engines perform better.
The generator you chose should be safe to operate. Ideal safety features include a sturdy base with a protective shield; low oil indicator and power surge protection with an auto shutdown feature. Circuit breakers are also necessary in case something goes wrong. If handled by the wrong hands, generators are quite complicated and could lead to injuries or even fatal accidents. It’s always good to keep safety first.
Predator generators have been time tested and proved to be the best deals one can ever get when looking for fuel efficiency and durability. Whether you need to keep appliances running at home or supply power to your business, they’ll meet all your needs.
The Predator 13500 peak is the most powerful of them all. Its robust engine is sure to keep you going for years. It doesn’t waste your fuel, so you don’t need lots of refills. The wheel kit gives it the mobility you need for a portable and powerful generator. With the massive peak power of 13500W and a constant 11000W, this beast will keep you going during power outages. You won’t find a better generator at such an affordable price.