In general, the most sought-after generators are inverter generators. This is due to the fact that they can be used to provide power to a vast number of items. Anything from household electronics and smartphones to portable air conditioning units can be powered using an inverter generator.
These are usually compact enough to also allow them to be easily transported and of course provide a more constant and efficient energy flow to your devices. That said, various types of generator remain popular depending on the purpose. Here we will examine the benefits held within several of the market’s most popular generators.
Best inverter generators: our favorite reviews
1. WEN 56200i Super Quiet 2000-Watt Portable Inverter Generator
First up for review is the Super Quiet WEN 56200i. This 2,000 Watt model produces a more than adequate output to sustain a variety of your household items with minimal fuss. It possesses a 79cc 4 stroke OHV engine which delivers 1,600 Watts of running power.
Its super quiet delivery of power makes this a perfect park companion or a partner on your next camping trip. It contains a variety of USB, AC and DC power connectors so you are never at a loss for power with a variety of types.
At a weight of 48 pounds, it is also highly portable, perfect for bringing on a day trip where your location may change several times. It also features an automatic shut down in the event of low oil, low fuel, or power overload. This greatly helps to protect the engine.
With a 6 hour run time on a half load from its 1-gallon fuel tank, the WEN just keeps going. A fantastic purchase for a casual or first time user. This trustworthy inverter generator will keep your power going for a long time.
- Extremely quiet operation is comparable to the sound of a normal conversation according to the US Department of health and human Services
- EPA III and CARB Compliant 79.7 cc 4-stroke OHV engine produces 2000 surge watts and 1600 rated watts
- Great for campgrounds, construction sites, tailgates and power outages
- Produces clean power to safely operate and prevent damage to sensitive electronics such as phones, tablets, televisions and computers
- Includes two three-prong 120V receptacles, one 12V DC receptacle and one 5V USB port
Next is the brightly colored and equally brightly performing Westinghouse WH220iXLT. This model features a 79cc OHV engine and a 1.3-gallon fuel tank which will run all night, up to 13 hours on a 25% load. This means that the Westinghouse provides phenomenal efficiency in terms of power provision.
It features a pull start, and again at 43 pounds, it is a highly maneuverable device. With Two 120VAC Outlets, One 12V DC Outlets, this model is well equipped to handle a wide range of devices and considering its low sound rating of just 59db, you will barely notice this generator running in the background.
Although the blue color doesn’t show it, this is the perfect purchase for someone who just wants to stay in the background with their highly effective power continuously flowing.
With a three year warranty provided as standard, and an on-call service team to politely deal with any issues which may arise, you need not worry about the quality and standards from Westinghouse.
- Easy to Use, Compact Inverter Generator Parallel System - Featuring Illuminated Plugs and Switches for Night and Day Use
- No Bulky, Complicated Junction Box or Tedious Ground Terminal Wiring Needed: Simply Plug-and-Play
- Durable, Rubber-Molded Receptacles: Features Two 120VAC NEMA 5-20R Household Power Outlets and One NEMA TT-30 Recreational Vehicle (RV) Style Power Outlet
- Compatible with Any Combination of the Following Westinghouse Inverter Generators: WH2000iXLT, WH2200iXLT, WH2400i, iGen1200, iGen2200, and iGen2500.
- Please Note: This Listing is Only for the Westinghouse Parallel Cord - Generators are NOT Included and Must Be Purchased Separately
3. Honda EU1000i Inverter Generator, Super Quiet, Eco-Throttle, 1000 Watts
Stepping down in power slightly to 1,000 watts, but stepping up in terms of brand name recognition. Honda is world renowned for providing both long lasting and top of the range products. The EU1000i is not different.
Coming decked out in traditional Honda red and black colors, the EU1000i possesses sufficient power to propel most of your regular everyday devices, including TVs and laptops. At 29 pounds, it is also one of the lightest available in our review. Carry it on a camping excursion or to your neighbors next barbecue and you will be the envy of the street.
As expected, the Honda has excellent performance in terms of efficiency. It can run for more than 8 hours on just over half a gallon of fuel. This is truly astonishing and the hallmark of an industry giant. With more than enough power outlets present to kick-start any device, this is a generator is especially one that the light user must not overlook.
4. Pulsar PG2000iS 2000W Peak 1600W Rated Portable Gas-Powered Inverter Generator
Doubling the power output again is this Pulsar PG2000iS model with a 2,000 watt starting output which settles at 1,600 watts when running. The first eye catching feature of this model is its sharp white color which immediately sets it apart from the crowd as looking good.
The 79cc engine produces a very silent 63db of noise, so you need not worry about waking the neighbors while you have a late night barbecue or get-together with power provided by the pulsar. The PG2000is produces an impressive running time of more than 6 hours at 50% capacity. This will ensure to keep the party going.
Adding to these features is the fact that it is light-weight and very durable. Carry it around with ease and don’t worry about picking up a few knocks here and there whilst tailgating. The multiple power outlets enable simultaneous connection of several devices, and even a parallel connection between two models to give a power boost if desired.
- 2,300 Peak Watts/ 1,800 Running Watts
- Capable of up to 6 Hours of Operation at Half Load on 1.18 Gallons of Fuel
- Compact Suitcase Design, Weighing Less than 47 lbs for Easy Handling
- Quiet Operation (59 dB) make it Virtually Silent from just 10 feet away
- Stable Sine Wave Technology provides pure, safe electrical power for powering and charging laptops, cell phones, and other sensitive electronic devices
5. AUDEW Portable Generator Power Inverter 220Wh/60,000mAh
With something to suit everyone, next we take a look at the AUDEW portable generator which is powered by either battery or solar power in producing its 220 Watts of power. Housing AC, DC and USB power charging connectivity, this smart and compact generator has all the bases covered.
Weighing in at only 5.5 pounds, this compact, black diamond is remarkable portable and easy to store at pretty much any location. It can easily provide power for laptops, cell phones or portable music devices. This makes it a perfect fit for friend’s gatherings. It can also comfortably support lights and other camping accessories.
Despite its relatively small size, this versatile battery generator is quickly turning into an item of necessity for those who value quality charging and longevity in a generator, not to mentions the safe, clean and totally quiet performance of this model.
- HIGH CAPACITY：60000mAH/220Wh high capacity, 5 LED lights indicator, whether it is power outages, outdoor travel, outdoor activities, emergency rescue, night fishing, stall operations and other power shortage situations can be resolved for you.
- LITHIUM POLYMER CELL TECHNOLOGY：1×AC output, power up to 250W；2×USB output, power up to 60W,2xDC output, more power and more heat resistance.8 hours needed to get it full charged.NOTE:Do not use the generator while it being charged.
- INTELLIGENT CONTROL：Dual AC output 200W, universal socket applies to different countries, Peak of pure sine wave output 250W,（more advantages than sine wave）for mobile phones, laptops, cameras, mini refrigerators (USB port) and other household other household electronics (AC output)charge.
- SAFETY GUARANTEED：Built-in the Battery Management System (BMS) to improve battery utilization, prevent over-current, over-voltage and over-temperatureen,suring completeprotection for you and your devices,prolong battery life;The use of aviation aluminum alloy, the surface of the military level oxidation process to protect,with excellent thermal conductivity and corrosion resistance.
- RECHARGING OPTIONS: Quickly refuel from home wall outlet or sun with any compatible 50W or 100W solar panel ( Sold separately); a high-density lithium-ion battery allows a more compact build than the lead-acid power ones.We provide 12 month warranty &180 days replacement &90 days refund,any issue please contact us.
6. Poweradd ChargerCenter, Compact 185Wh/50000mAh Portable Generator
Sticking with the battery powered inverter generators for our next product, the Poweradd possesses 185 Watts of power and is highly connective. It features multiple USB ports as well as both 12V and 110V power outlets to ensure that you always have available charging options.
The thing that stands out about this model on first sight is the trendy cube shape in which it appears. It is among the sleekest looking generators which we have ever seen, resembling something more in line with a Bluetooth speaker. As a result, this model can easily rest in a prominent position in your living room without looking out of place!
Weighing in at just under 3 pounds, this generator is most likely the smallest and most compact on the market. Despite its size it can still produce a hefty burst of power when required.
- High Capacity Power Generator: With A-Class Samsung lithium ion cell, 50000mAh capacity/185Wh, powerful enough to charge iPhone X almost 16 times, iPad Pro almost 3 times, Galaxy S7 almost 10.5 times, floodlight 6 hours, drone batteries 6+ times, mini fridge 7+ hours.
- Advanced Design Power Inverter: POWERADD ChargerCenter comes with 8-Port outputs (100W Max) & 1 fast input(DC 12-24V); 4*DC outputs (2*12V/5A, 1*19V/4A, 1*9-12.6V/15A), 3 USB outputs (5V/2.4A) and 1*QC 3.0 USB output. Widely used for indoor or outdoor such as home, office, travel, camping, fishing, hunting, farm, etc.
- High Performance Portable Generator: With multi-voltage-output modes and 10 different connectors, the ChargerCenter can charge various laptops, notebooks such as Panasonic, MacBook, FUJITSU, Sony, Dell, HP, Toshiba, Samsung, Lenovo, Acer, Asus, etc. Digital LED display shows remaining power in digital format.
- Outdoor Portable Generator: Three high-performance LED spotlights are also adopted, and with maximum output 2W, it will be very active also at outdoor, camping, night fishing, mountain climbing, emergency disaster, disaster prevention goods, power failure etc. You can also launch an SOS rescue signal when in danger. Please long press the button for 3 seconds to transmit the SOS signal.
- What You Get: POWERADD ChargerCenter x 1, adapter x 1, car charger x 1, DC cable*1, laptop connector x 10, FUSE sheet x 2, plug converter x 1, accessory pouch x 1, user manual x 1. POWERADD 24-month warranty and 24h x 7d customer service.
7. Briggs & Stratton Q6500 Inverter Generator
As is becoming customary, we round off this review series with our most powerful model. The Q6500 from proven industry giants Briggs and Stratton. If power is what you seek in your inverter generator, this is the place to look. The style is also not overlooked in this model with its trendy design and color scheme.
This model is astonishingly quiet for a beast which produces 6,500 watts of starting power, clocking in on the sound meter at a mere 66Db. At 128 pounds, it is also considerably lighter and more portable than other similar models.
This model possesses a high-efficiency engine and alternator combination. The result of this combination is 14 hours of running time on a 25% load. This is an excellent performance to keep your appliances running for the long haul.
With multiple 120V and 240V outlets, you will never be stranded for power. Thanks to a 24-month product warranty, the company will not see you stranded with defective products either. This displays clear confidence and trust in the product from above.
- Quiet, portable inverter generator delivers 6,500 starting watts of reliable home backup power
- QuietPower Series inverter technology and a noise-reducing shell give you power that’s more than 60% quieter than a standard generator (66 dBA at 25% load)
- Design is 45% more compact & 30% lighter (128 lbs) than a standard portable generator. Start Type: Recoil
- Highly-efficient 306cc Briggs & Stratton integrated engine/alternator provides up to 14 hours of run time at 25% load
- Power a wide variety of electronics & devices at the same time with (4) 120V-20A outlets, (2) USB outlets & (1) 120V-240V locking outlet. Use of RV adapter in the twist lock outlet provides 2500W of continuous power (120V / 20.8A)
From our view of this diverse range of inverter generators, we can clearly surmise that it is not necessary to break the bank in order to purchase a top quality, long lasting generator. We have also learned that there is something available to suit all power and space needs.
While you are here, be sure to have a look at some of the other fantastic generators and power appliances available in our reviews.